We all know that laughter is the best medicine, and laughter yoga seeks to capitalize on this principle without relying on jokes or humor.
Although laughter yoga is a relatively newer body-mind type of exercise that combines gentle breathing techniques with simulated laughter, it offers several benefits such as those in the following list:
- It improves digestion.
- It improves circulation.
- It boosts self-esteem and imparts a sense of inner peace.
- It relaxes and energizes the body at the same time.
- It reduces stress, tension and depression.
- It enhances life satisfaction and helps create social connections.
- It increases one’s lung capacity through the practice of deep breathing.
- It elevates the mood by increasing endorphin and serotonin levels.
Laughter yoga can help people of all ages, cognitive level, and physical fitness. However, it is especially beneficial for highly sensitive persons (HSPs) and those who have ADHD, or for those who are suffering from anxiety and depression. It can be administered in person and also done over the phone.
You may have already done a Google search for laughter yoga, which led you to this page. If you have questions about laughter yoga, or wish to give it a try, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.